SE Rideout Sun 9th Dec, Kent, UK

Want to meet up with other SE owners, arrange a meet up and go for a great ride!

Moderators: bigkuri, Wilso, Alon

Beer

Re: SE Rideout Sun 9th Dec, Kent, UK

Post by Beer » Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:29 pm

Right

start time will now be 10 for 10.30 to allow rob and others to ride down fromm afar - we'll still have plenty of time for riding

this will save starting on icy roads in the dark for some of you, before you get here

please arrive with enough fuel for say 60 miles as you can fuel up again on the way round

cheers me dears!

Wilso

Post by Wilso » Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:50 pm

can't wait for this.. just need to survive man flu! 10 is a good plan nice bit of ice to get thorough. 4 se' s as well :D

Beer

Post by Beer » Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:24 pm

Great ride out today boys!!

superb to see 4 SE's trailriding together - and a great pace!!

we set off at 10.30 and rode until 4.30 - some challenging trails and not much road work between - quality round here isn't it

some of the lanes were very slippy so very well done for getting round on the Big SE's

top work Rob - riding all the way from Oxford and getting here for 10am and not leaving to go back until 5pm!!

I led in the morning and then two local lads (Andy and Rob) led in the afternoon - cheers lads - great work!!

me!!

John ( Newsh)

Jez

me

Newsh crossing romney marsh - by fook that lane was greasy!!

greasy little climb - me on board

newsh

Jez

Rob

me on my way up to the viewpoint

as if the track wasn't slippy enough the bushes kept trying to take your bars away

jez having a rest half way up...

not often you see four SE's together....plus you can see france in the background

stopping for a bite to eat at the Battle of Britain Memorial

chocs away...

we all look so normal - but we ride SE's as they were meant to be ridden!!

the likely lads...

love this picture

rob on a climb in crundle woods

newsh

Post by newsh » Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:44 pm

Brilliant pics Nick!

Really was a top day out, thanks so much for organising and for the tea and bacon butty on arrival, who would have though you could have so much fun getting muddy on a cold december day? 8-)

Here's a few from my camera, I think it got a bit steamed up on that chalky climb!

Last edited by newsh on Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:27 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Old enough to know better!

Wilso

Post by Wilso » Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:58 pm

Beer you are a top man, thanks for organising this sorry to bail early.

Thank your mates for, top day, next time a more aggressive tyre is needed :D

Videos starting to load up but for some reason the crash one keeps crashing! almost ironic :roll:

SE Rob

Post by SE Rob » Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:38 pm

What a good day's riding!

Cheers Nick for organising, providing tea and changing room. 8-)

Great lanes but Jesus, weren't they slippy? :shock:

Roll on the next forum ride out.

jonesy

Post by jonesy » Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:51 am

Awesome - LOVE IT!!!!!

There's rumours of a young Welsh lad potentially returning home in February for 2 weeks without the family..... ;)

Beer

Post by Beer » Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:29 am

jonesy wrote:Awesome - LOVE IT!!!!!

There's rumours of a young Welsh lad potentially returning home in February for 2 weeks without the family..... ;)
i can see a plan coming together - 690 and 950 all ready to go....and ive got two sets of riding gear etc...

....and is it the six nations about then? Limited number of 6 Nations advance tickets for Wales Vs Ireland on 2nd Feb go on sale tomorrow at 12 noon :D (tuesday).....

...........oh and its my birthday on the 21st Feb.....london calling :D

jonesy

Post by jonesy » Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:47 am

Beer wrote:
jonesy wrote:Awesome - LOVE IT!!!!!

i can see a plan coming together - 690 and 950 all ready to go....and ive got two sets of riding gear etc...

....and is it the six nations about then? Limited number of 6 Nations advance tickets for Wales Vs Ireland on 2nd Feb go on sale tomorrow at 12 noon :D (tuesday).....

...........oh and its my birthday on the 21st Feb.....london calling :D
Holy shit! Well.....in that case.....perhaps we should get some tickets together!

I'll have another look at dates etc and try to figure something concrete out. Plan on surprising the folks and the old man has wanted to go to Wales on a holiday for a while back to where he grew up. Could maybe tie up meeting you in Cardiff with him to watch the game....then maybe a fair bit of trail riding down in Kent and elsewhere. I may leave it to last minute to book flights as they are cheaper that way going with a Canadian airline, but maybe we should get some tickets for the Ireland game. How much are they matey? See what you can find out.

Just had a look - 2nd Feb will be too early for me - I'll be coming mid Feb for 10 days ish if I come at all. My Mums birthday is the 22nd.....she wouldn't mind having me about with a hangover though - or we could celebrate your birthday on the 23rd and go out to watch the Wales Italy match? :mrgreen:

Beer

Post by Beer » Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:37 am

jonesy wrote:
Holy shit! Well.....in that case.....perhaps we should get some tickets together!

I'll have another look at dates etc and try to figure something concrete out. Plan on surprising the folks and the old man has wanted to go to Wales on a holiday for a while back to where he grew up. Could maybe tie up meeting you in Cardiff with him to watch the game....then maybe a fair bit of trail riding down in Kent and elsewhere. I may leave it to last minute to book flights as they are cheaper that way going with a Canadian airline, but maybe we should get some tickets for the Ireland game. How much are they matey? See what you can find out.

Just had a look - 2nd Feb will be too early for me - I'll be coming mid Feb for 10 days ish if I come at all. My Mums birthday is the 22nd.....she wouldn't mind having me about with a hangover though - or we could celebrate your birthday on the 23rd and go out to watch the Wales Italy match? :mrgreen:
sounds like a good plan - let me know what dates your coming and i'll get the tickets and work out the details :D