Welsh SE / ADV weekend / weekday ride

Want to meet up with other SE owners, arrange a meet up and go for a great ride!

Moderators: bigkuri, Wilso, Alon

Beer

Welsh SE / ADV weekend / weekday ride

Post by Beer » Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:38 pm

Right you are then Boyos.....please note I will keep updating this first post with information so you should only need to read this

The mid week and weekend are ON!!!

The midweek one is a reccy for the main event on the August Bank Holiday weekend. Trail ride Friday, with an option to do the Prologue at Sweet Lamb on the Saturday with RallyMoto GB, followed by a big bike friendly roadbook trail ride in the forests.

Mid Week - Wednesday 29th July (FULL) and Thursday 30th (one place available Thursday)
Riders
1. Beer SE (r/l)
2. Colsktm (990)
3. DG (950adv)
4. Mike 54 (SE)
5. Dakar Corky (SE)
6. Burt (SE)(Rallymoto GB) (Wednesday only?)

Main Event - August Bank Holiday weekend - Bank Holiday Weekend Meet Thursday night 27th August, ride Friday and Saturday depart sunday morning..(max 10 guests) (5 places available)

1. Beer SE (r/l) (Rally GB Sat)
2. Colsktm 990(r/l) (Rally GB Sat)
3. Big Kuri 1190 (tbc)
4. Michaelmy HP2 (tbc)
5. ACP 990 adv (tbc)
6. Frog (950adv) (Rally GB Sat)
7. ADIX 990 Adv (tbc)
8. Curly (GS)

There is a once only opportunity to ride Sweet Lamb Rally stage as a prologue on the Saturday morning, this will be a blast up the legendary rally stage - you can do it as slowly or as quickly as you feel comfortable with....

to follow this Burt that runs Rally Moto GB is making a 'big bike friendly route' for us after the sweet lamb prologue, once we have done the Prologue individually; we will then ride as one group that I will lead using a roadbook. We will take the pace steady but will have access to areas of the Tarenig Forest that you would not be able to ride normally with certainty that nothing will be coming the other way!! The only cost will be to cover Rally GB insurance costs per bike, it will be a nominal fee of say 30/40 quid. For this you will be given a rally race number and the chance to blast up sweet lamb. Then late morning a liaison ride with frequent stops at viewpoints to watch the quick lads battling it out during the day on the 450 etc rally prepped bikes.

I appreciate that not everyone may want to do the Prologue/liaison, so if there are a few that want to do a normal trail ride i will mark up a GPS route or a paper explorer map so you can cruise as a separate group.

General Info:

For both rides info will be sent via PM re meeting places contact details etc.

You sort out your own accommodation - camp together or BnB/Hotel (PM me for camping details so we all stay together) or get a bnd/hotel in or near Machynlleth. For those that want to camp next to their bike /van and to keep everyone together; drop me a message and i will send you details of a place where we can all stay. Quiet location, hot showers and we can get access to the road directly, so we don't have to wake everyone up if we leave early on the b/h Saturday....same applies to the mid week ride. we can just share a cab into town and back. The guy that runs the site is a biker so biker friendly.

In keeping with tradition, i would appreciate a £10 donation from each rider to Welsh Air Ambulance....

That's it - to anyone thinking of coming...just drop me a PM or post up in the thread...those i have added just confirm if you wish to do sweet lamb on the saturday.

bigkuri

Re: Welsh SE / ADV weekend / weekday ride

Post by bigkuri » Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:31 pm

Sounds utterly awesome Beer :D Great work! Are we factoring going on the piss with Bert/Moly? :D They need a few drinks for that, as do you mate.
2008 SE 950 R - now gone :'(
1190R
XR650R

Beer

Post by Beer » Wed Jun 17, 2015 5:20 am

bigkuri wrote:Sounds utterly awesome Beer :D Great work! Are we factoring going on the piss with Bert/Moly? :D They need a few drinks for that, as do you mate.
that's part of the plan mate - I'm sure we can twist their arms to meet us in Aberyswyth with a few other of the rally lads, top fookin night out that place is. think Oswestry plus some, it's a big coastal University town, so you can imagine how good the bars are :D

Beer

Post by Beer » Tue Aug 11, 2015 8:06 am

few places available as some have had to drop out....