May 29-31st 2015 South East USA SE get together

Want to meet up with other SE owners, arrange a meet up and go for a great ride!

Moderators: bigkuri, Wilso, Alon

SpeedyR

May 29-31st 2015 South East USA SE get together

Post by SpeedyR » Sat Nov 15, 2014 3:59 am

edited to show new info on the 3rd or 4th post below- weekend of May 29-31st at Highland Park near Atlanta GA USA.

******************yeah I know it's a long way off but I am pretty sure I will run a South East Super Enduro (SESE) get together that weekend. someone on ADV mentioned having a world wide ride day for all those with SE's to see if we could get a bunch of groups of SE's together and all post up photos.

So I'll do my part and put together a weekend of riding in North Georgia (USA) for those in the area.

I'll post more plans and updates as it gets closer but if any of ya'll live in the south east US, or just want to come ride with a bunch of us on some great trails and FS roads, get that weekend free and come on out. ideally will be a long dual sport ride Saturday and then if I can arrange it, possibly some more technical riding on Sunday. :)

little preview of some of the places we might ride on that saturday:

http://youtu.be/L_n4sYJRo4g
Last edited by SpeedyR on Tue May 05, 2015 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2008 CBR1000rr
1997 FLHRi
2009 KLX140L

Beer

Re: May 23-24th 2015 South East USA SE get together

Post by Beer » Tue Nov 18, 2014 5:54 pm

SpeedyR wrote:yeah I know it's a long way off but I am pretty sure I will run a South East Super Enduro (SESE) get together that weekend. someone on ADV mentioned having a world wide ride day for all those with SE's to see if we could get a bunch of groups of SE's together and all post up photos.

So I'll do my part and put together a weekend of riding in North Georgia (USA) for those in the area.

I'll post more plans and updates as it gets closer but if any of ya'll live in the south east US, or just want to come ride with a bunch of us on some great trails and FS roads, get that weekend free and come on out. ideally will be a long dual sport ride Saturday and then if I can arrange it, possibly some more technical riding on Sunday. :)

little preview of some of the places we might ride on that saturday:

http://youtu.be/L_n4sYJRo4g
Sounds like a good idea - I'll do a similar one either round Kent or Wales

good video btw, it was surprisingly smooth seeing as it was mounted on the bars - might have to try that.....

SpeedyR

Post by SpeedyR » Tue Nov 18, 2014 7:36 pm

on my 450 there's too much vibration to mount it on the bars but on the 950 it seems to do well. some was probably shot on my helmet, some from the bars. ti's just nice to not have to have it stuck to my head all the time. :)
2008 CBR1000rr
1997 FLHRi
2009 KLX140L

SpeedyR

Post by SpeedyR » Tue May 05, 2015 10:23 pm

Detail- Weekend of May 29-31st...
There was a thread in the Orange Crush section about a bunch of KTM 950 Super Enduro riders getting together in different places around the word Memorial Day weekend. I know it's a week off from everyone else, but we are going to shoot for May 29-31st and meet at Highland Park riding resort in Cedartown GA (about an hour west of Atlanta).

Highland Park is a great private one way trail riding area (as well as being a great KTM dealer, so you can order parts and pick them up while you are there!). There are also some decent dirt roads in the area that we can point you towards if that's more your "speed". But seriously the trails at HP are excellent and a good way to try your skills off road. There is a long perimeter loop and then the main trails are all branched off the perimeter trail. the trails are all rated 2 to 5 diamond, the higher ratings are harder. I've ridden most of the 2 and 3 diamond trails on my 950 and one or two of the 4 diamond trails. It's a great place to work on your skills and work your way up the scale. :)

I'll be there Friday night and have reserved a cabin. I'll ride Saturday and part of the day Sunday. Now for the fun part....

There is a Hare Scramble race Sunday morning at 10am at Highland Park. WITH AN ADV CLASS!!!! Open to any 650+cc street legal bikes. $35 if you preregister. I've done the race 2 or 3 times on my SE so come on over for a bit of fun! My dream is to have 5-10 Super Enduros lined up for the HS Sunday morning. Or at least come on out and cheer for the SE's that step up. even if you have never raced anything before, just do it. You won't regret it. turn a lap or two and have some fun. I can post video of past races if you really need some motivation. ;)

I've heard from a few that say they are in at this point but this is the official SESE thread, so post up. At least one friend from Jacksonville is bringing his up. respond here if you think you can make it.. the more the merrier!

http://www.highlandparkresort.com/
2008 CBR1000rr
1997 FLHRi
2009 KLX140L