north Georgia DS ride- a bit wet...

Found a vid featuring a 950SE post up here.

Moderators: bigkuri, Wilso, Alon

SpeedyR

north Georgia DS ride- a bit wet...

Post by SpeedyR » Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:51 am

This past Friday I had a chance to go riding, but last minute so I headed out solo from Atlanta. I left the house around 11am after a few phone calls and emails for work, then headed north on my 07 SE-R. rode up around Suches GA area most of the time. Was kinda muddy with the rain we have been having, and hit dirt most of the way to Two Wheels of Suches (motorcycle campground). Great traction, no dust and just nice to have the roads to myself.

Started raining right about an hour into the ride. Had lunch at Two Wheels of Suches, sat of the deck watching it rain. Decided it wasn't going to get better so went over and hit a local fun forest service road, Flatland road. The first creek crossing, then a bit of dirt, then a second creek crossing was just one big stream and there was a bit of a flow of water in most of the gullies.

It was pretty sloppy headed up the hills, I think my rear wheel caught up to my front wheel a few times. Wandered around some more forest service roads, stopped by a local shop to look for some waterproof luggage, then hit the pavement back to ATL. Even ran my grip heaters for a bit. lol. Nice thing was close to home, the rain stopped, the sun was out and most of my gear was dry by the time I got home!

video:

http://youtu.be/KPhEbiexFFI

or go here and right click/download the North GA Solo DS ride if you want HD video.

http://www.planetadams.com/media/movies/

Did another ride this past sunday with a guy from ADV rider (Mr.Twisty) on my 450 and got some video of that ride. I did break my clutch lever in a stream crossing (not part of the main trails) so that ended our day but it was a fun ride. Will see if I can post some of that later this week...

Jeff
2008 CBR1000rr
1997 FLHRi
2009 KLX140L

Beer

Re: north Georgia DS ride- a bit wet...

Post by Beer » Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:41 pm

Good video - looks a little wet in places :D