Air box removal

Need Help or got top tips on maintaing the 950 Super Enduro share your knowledge here!

Moderators: bigkuri, Wilso, Alon

644 Andy

Air box removal

Post by 644 Andy » Wed Oct 12, 2016 5:15 pm

Winter work on the SE setting in a bit early this year, It's been all work, loads of shite and not enough play.
Needed something to get my teeth into and have been mulling this about for a while so jumped in.
Chatting with another inmate here (Hi Andy) he put me onto the air filter base plate from Gefr on the adv forum, so instead of sorting my rear shock issues i ordered one, it's on it's way from sunny but destitute Greece. €45 shipped.
Which then set me off on sorting the carburation, so a call to my local guru's Double Take in Southampton and a chat with them, £150 ish to install and set up on the rolling road.
So, I'm now on a roll and looking for jet kit options, end up buying a Rottweiler kit from the US. While on their site i noticed they do shorter velocity stacks and being a curious sort i thought f*ck it, i'll have a set of them. The basis for this kit and stacks purchase is it gives me more set up options on the rolling road. I'll be honest, at this point i haven't got a clue what will work or if I'm wasting my time/money but it'll be an interesting experiment.
Next step is to order the ITG filters then I'll be looking to check the valve clearances, new oil and plugs and by then, hopefully all the bits will arrive and I'm off to the dyno.
I'll post up the story as it develops.
Cheers for now.
Andy

Power Slider

Re: Air box removal

Post by Power Slider » Thu Oct 13, 2016 3:49 pm

Crazy rascal, Andy! The plot thickens. At least you're getting a little shop time with your mistress. Hope you get an opportunity to mount her soon! Let me know how your project goes. I'm contemplating changing my jetting scheme (too rich, as most of my riding is at 3,500 - 7,500 feet). A buddy of mine went the Rottweiler route. Increased power after lots of fussing with getting it proper.

Now you're really going to need that rear suspension tweaked to keep that hog's rear tire under the bike!

Good luck from your US buddy, mate!

Been busy on my end, too. I'll try to get you out an email, someday.

Be well!

Wilso

Post by Wilso » Thu Oct 13, 2016 4:36 pm

I went for the head 2 wind Baja jetting kit. Total waste of money, was soo rich I got 60 miles from the tank. Guess this was meant for altitude??

Will see if I can find the final settings runs lovely in the uk.

644 Andy

Post by 644 Andy » Sat Oct 15, 2016 4:55 pm

ITG filters ordered today, jet kit has arrived in London according to the tracker so it's coming together :D
The poor old rear TKC 80 has a cut in it and is getting a bit low so I've ordered a Mefo super explorer from Gabe at zen overland. Should be a reasonable general purpose tyre as long as i stay out of the mud and it should be better on the dyne for carb set up than my michelin desert knobbly.

Hey Scott, how're you doing? Yes shop time is better than nothing and she'll be the better for it hopefully ;) Not forgotten the suspension set up yet, been asking around and trying to find someone who's even heard of the SE is pretty tough! Take it easy mate, post up a few pics sometime and make us Brits envious :mrgreen:

Bat304x

Post by Bat304x » Thu Nov 24, 2016 5:39 am

Hi,

any progress on the bike yet 644 Andy?

Recently purchased the rotweiller filter for my winter project. Removed the airbox, fitted the filter & the bike would run ok at low revs but soon as the throttle was opened fully the bike just dies. booked it in for a dyno tune and have had to buy the factory pro kit from Zen as the tuner can only buy a 170 jet from KTM(he estimates a 180 is required?) . Still awaiting the jets to arrive from the USA cant wait to get the bike back.

anyone else fitted the rotweiller? what jets were used?

regards

Bat304x

644 Andy

Post by 644 Andy » Thu Nov 24, 2016 6:20 am

Hiya BAT304x,
Finally got all the parts, took ages for the short trumpets to get through customs from Rottwieller.
Having rung my local dyne people who were all "yeah not a problem" when i rang to actually book it the were not keen as they thought it was an adventure and would take an age to strip down, i explained it was a super enduro twice, they didn't know what i was talking about and didn't listen. They also decided they wanted the bike dropping off for the day and i wanted to be there. I think fitting a power commander to a GSXR was more their thing.
Overall i lost confidence in them and cancelled my booking so now i need to find someone with a dyne that knows LC8's, any suggestions? South of England/midlands area.

Bat304x

Post by Bat304x » Thu Nov 24, 2016 7:55 am

Hi Andy

Bad news regarding your tuner. I have no clue to tuners south of Newcastle upon Tyne :oops:

Maybe Wilso will be able to recommend someone??? Apologies :roll:

Regarding the trumpets I just bought some from Ktm (£4 each) and machined them
As per the trumpets rotweiller are selling as it was a quicker option I now have a long and short set for the tuner to experiment with.

There is plenty of time until next summer I hope u can hook up with someone who can tune a bike without a laptop. :mrgreen:

Kind regards

Bat304x

tomasn

Post by tomasn » Thu Nov 24, 2016 8:48 am

I use H2W jetting kit with rottweiler. Main jet are smaller than stock. So i dont think that its a jetting problem. Try to search air leaks, vakuum sealing, breathers

Tapatalk

MultiDoc

Post by MultiDoc » Thu Nov 24, 2016 9:13 am

I suggest you talk to Chris at Xbikes for your dyno setup etc. My SE is with him as we speak and will taking it back this coming weekend. Had him do aa whole lot of things on my SE and he's very knowledgeable and stand up guy (he was recommended highly from the guys over at the ktm uk forum).
KTM 950 SE
Ducati 999rsr

Bat304x

Post by Bat304x » Thu Nov 24, 2016 9:27 am

Thanks multidoc :D

There u go Andy, give this guy a ring if he is not too far away?