Battery... Which one?

Need Help or got top tips on maintaing the 950 Super Enduro share your knowledge here!

Moderators: bigkuri, Wilso, Alon

Wilso

Battery... Which one?

Post by Wilso » Tue Oct 18, 2016 1:37 pm

So time to buy a new battery, again... what is it with this things and eating batteries!

Anyway what you running, standard, gel, lithium? Last one was for a honda goldwing, did well but not used enough so died.

tomasn

Re: Battery... Which one?

Post by tomasn » Tue Oct 18, 2016 8:13 pm

Any battery with warranty. You should check how much your battery drains with ignition switched off and measure charging voltage in different rpms.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

MultiDoc

Post by MultiDoc » Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:39 pm

I think people regard shorai batteries to be the one to get. I searched a bit and the cheapest I could find it I. UK was from here:

http://www.harleycustom.co.uk/product/s ... x19a4-bs12

It's on my to do list but the way things are going it will remain as a "to do" thing for quite while more
KTM 950 SE
Ducati 999rsr

tomasn

Post by tomasn » Wed Oct 19, 2016 4:33 am

with those batteries you need a dedicated charger. also a bit disappointed about yuasa quality

Andygbsmith

Post by Andygbsmith » Fri Oct 21, 2016 5:06 pm

I've read on the adventure bike forum,that they are very temperature sensitive and don't like cold weather conditions.

Bat304x

Post by Bat304x » Thu Nov 24, 2016 5:53 am

Hi Wilso,

I have found every bike I have ever had with an electronic speedo/ odometer (not just the SE beast) will eventually drain the battery, the only way round I have found is with a dedicated automatic battery charger. I have a charging lead hard wired to the battery so its just a simple case of plugging in the bike when parked up no need to remove seat etc, the charger cost approx the same as a new battery and can be used on more than 1 bike if u are lucky enough to own multiple rides?

Cheers

Bat304x