Aftermarket wheels for the SE ?

Accessory questions if its luggage, power outlets, lights find a new bit of bling post here!

Moderators: bigkuri, Wilso, Alon

MultiDoc

Aftermarket wheels for the SE ?

Post by MultiDoc » Mon Aug 22, 2016 8:25 pm

Hello guys,

As many of you know I got hit by a car 6 weeks ago and the bike is at dealers waiting for the insurance fuckers to sort things out and give authorization for the repairs.
Anyway, while I'm waiting and because the bike will need a new front wheel, I thought maybe I could get complete set front and rear (the cost of the stockers are the same, almost exactly, with the aftermarket ones).
So I was looking into a set from talon/excel. I contacted Gabriel at Zenoverland and he does talon hubs+excel rims+ss spokes and nipples (spacers and bearings included) at a reasonable price.
So wanted to ask you as you're far more experienced if I should do it? Any advise ? Should I be looking out for something specific ? How about rim size ? I'm thinking keeping stock sizes is ok.

Let me know,

Nikos

P.S: without a bike I feel like I need some psycho drugs... I'm totally miserable :cry:
KTM 950 SE
Ducati 999rsr

Wilso

Re: Aftermarket wheels for the SE ?

Post by Wilso » Mon Aug 22, 2016 10:28 pm

Ah mate sorry to hear you got knocked off. Hope the bike will be sorted soon.

Talon always get mixed reviews, certainly not a massive fan of the rear talon I have for mine. Cush drive setup it sh1te, pain in the arse to put on, maintain, over engineered IMHO.

Gabriel's a good bloke so I'm sure he can sort something, just not talon rear hub, perhaps take the OEM hub and lace SS with a nice rim.

If I get some cash to spend I'm going for some Woodys wheels, if he does some for the SE that is.

If you need a rear wheel and want to test a talon I have one just needs a tube n tyre.

Check this thread out http://www.ktmforum.co.uk/adventure/101 ... iling.html

MultiDoc

Post by MultiDoc » Mon Aug 22, 2016 11:09 pm

Thanks for the heads up Wilso, had no idea! Just finished reading all that thread you pointed... I must say I'm disheartened and don't feel comfortable with Talon hubs now.

I just emailed Woody asking for a quote for a wheelset. Any suggestion on those ? I understand he has a"super lite" new hub design that he advises as superior to stock.
KTM 950 SE
Ducati 999rsr

WornSprocket

Post by WornSprocket » Tue Aug 23, 2016 9:38 am

Hi MultiDoc

The set of SE wheels that I have is still available. My experience with Talon is that they are good, although I saw other posters have different opinions.

Let me know if you are still interested, I am sure we can negotiate a price that suits both of us, and will be much cheaper than new! I have a figure of £650 in mind for the pair and that includes tyres, brake rotors, etc.

The listing should still be in the "For Sale" section, or I can send you some photos if you wish.

Cheers