My SE journey (farkles!!) :)

Accessory questions if its luggage, power outlets, lights find a new bit of bling post here!

Moderators: bigkuri, Wilso, Alon

TwoSEs

Re: My SE journey (farkles!!) :)

Post by TwoSEs » Sun May 04, 2014 1:56 am

Looks great bigkuri! I took my safari tank off and noticed it rubs on the frame a bit… you have the same issue?

I put a similar air filter on (CPR Rotweiller). it looks like you vented the crankcase to a filter? yes? I plugged my breather tube to the bottom plate of the air filter.

You are spot on with the sound and performance. I can now hang with my bud in every gear on his 990 Baja until I run out of motor. He used to walk away from me with ease before…. not anymore ;-)

pic's below with and without skins.

Cheers!
Attachments
SKIN.JPG
SKIN.JPG (109.06 KiB) Viewed 8727 times
CPR.JPG
CPR.JPG (135.29 KiB) Viewed 8727 times

bigkuri

Post by bigkuri » Sun May 04, 2014 10:44 am

Very nice. Yes, it's exactly like the CPR, but just made by a advrider.com inmate, so supporting the cause so to speak :)

The Safari (both the black one and this new clear one) rub the frame. I have orange stickers and helicopter tape on those spots.

I extended the crankcase breather by 40cm and it now routes right down to the front sprocket and ends by the swing arm pivot. I need to fit a filter to the end, for now it is just open. The amount of gunk in the tube was amazing :(

I think the air filter (and re-jetting) is maybe my favourite mod to the bike, even more than the steering damper (although even in typing that I'm wondering if I am just so used to the damper that I'm now taking it for granted...).
2008 SE 950 R - now gone :'(
1190R
XR650R

GeordieMoore

Post by GeordieMoore » Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:12 pm

hello, I have a 950 SM and love the look of the sump guard can you tell me how much it is and if you know if it will fit straight on my 950 SM im gonna keep my origional wheels and switch them out with a 21 front and a spare rear wheel same as with a conti TKC80 tyre so I can do some green lanes any hints would be appreciated

GeordieMoore

Post by GeordieMoore » Sat Nov 22, 2014 3:09 pm

Beer wrote:i could do with one of those sumpguards..are you planning on going over to the states again in the near future :D
You could do with some oil in there mate, I love the sump guard where can I get one ?

bigkuri

Post by bigkuri » Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:23 pm

It's buried in the above thread :)

Email Mike info@mvmotoventure.ca

https://www.facebook.com/MotoVenture

Really nice chap, and that sump guard is the ultimate.
2008 SE 950 R - now gone :'(
1190R
XR650R