Thursday before Easter

Want to meet up with other SE owners, arrange a meet up and go for a great ride!

Moderators: bigkuri, Wilso, Alon

markie_wales

Thursday before Easter

Post by markie_wales » Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:46 am

So say someone had the day off work, and thought that by March 28th the weather would be nicer and the trails drier. Would it be appropriate to; say; on an internet forum to ask if anyone fancied a ride around the trails of Hampshire / Wiltshire? Starting either near Fleet, Stockbridge or Hurstbourne Tarrant? Got routes that would suit any of those starting points.

Go on I'm bound to fall off a couple of times and could do with help picking it up!

cheers

Markie

bigkuri

Re: Thursday before Easter

Post by bigkuri » Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:52 am

Good idea. Will see if I can swing it...
Last edited by bigkuri on Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
2008 SE 950 R - now gone :'(
1190R
XR650R

newsh

Post by newsh » Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:49 pm

That's a tough one for me as I'm working away for a few days just before and I'll need that day back at work. :(
Old enough to know better!

markie_wales

Post by markie_wales » Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:50 am

newsh wrote:That's a tough one for me as I'm working away for a few days just before and I'll need that day back at work. :(
Fair enough John.

Maybe next time!

cheers

Markie

Wilso

Post by Wilso » Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:58 pm

So presuming baby arrives as planned on the 20th what are my chances of getting a ride on the 28th.... humm I reckon this could be a go! answers on a postcard to Mrs SE Jez.....

Put me down as a possible maybe, quite probably not, but will try bloody hard to... Thanks Markie.

markie_wales

Post by markie_wales » Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:48 pm

SE Jez wrote:So presuming baby arrives as planned on the 20th what are my chances of getting a ride on the 28th.... humm I reckon this could be a go! answers on a postcard to Mrs SE Jez.....

Put me down as a possible maybe, quite probably not, but will try bloody hard to... Thanks Markie.
Ha ha ha - no chance of you being let out :)
But, bloody well done / congratulations - mine are 11 and 15 and "just delightful" - actually they are good kids. Have fun on your new adventure!

cheers

Markie

SE Rob

Post by SE Rob » Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:39 pm

markie_wales wrote:So say someone had the day off work, and thought that by March 28th the weather would be nicer and the trails drier. Would it be appropriate to; say; on an internet forum to ask if anyone fancied a ride around the trails of Hampshire / Wiltshire? Starting either near Fleet, Stockbridge or Hurstbourne Tarrant? Got routes that would suit any of those starting points.

Go on I'm bound to fall off a couple of times and could do with help picking it up!

cheers

Markie

Yep, sounds interesting. I'll put in my diary.

Can't commit to picking you up though, I don't do "heavy" weights........................

markie_wales

Post by markie_wales » Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:57 pm

Well if Bigkuri can make it and is based in London - we'll start off a couple of miles from J5 of the M3.

SE Rob - In terms of heavy weight, I cannot believe you think my svelte, racing snake, David Beckham-esque frame could be considered in such terms!

cheers

Markie

SE Rob

Post by SE Rob » Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:34 pm

markie_wales wrote:
SE Rob - In terms of heavy weight, I cannot believe you think my svelte, racing snake, David Beckham-esque frame could be considered in such terms!

Markie
I was obviously fooled by your clever disguise - first time I've seen a Halvarssons Sumo suit ! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

markie_wales

Post by markie_wales » Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:54 am

Well I know most are working so i shouldn't be surprised, but so far we have:

Me
SE Rob
SE Jez still believes he'll be let out with a 1 week old baby :D :lol: Let's say "probably not"
Bigkuri - TBD

So at the moment, I'd have to say it's not likely to be a big SE day out. What are everyone's thoughts to opening it up to our plastic clad, hiding behind fairings, Adventure riding friends?

cheers

Markie